Explore the amazing coastline of Cape Naturaliste between Dunsborough and Canal Rocks.
What You Need To Know
- Canal Rocks Indian Ocean Safari tours departs most days from Dunsborough.
- The tour runs for approximately 3 hours.
- Includes water, cool drinks, and fresh snacks sourced from local producers
- Available February through to May
All thrill rides receive free photos of your adventure (via download).
THE ONLY WAY TO SEE CANAL ROCKS
Experience an unforgettable adventure whilst you traverse through the amazing canals of Canal Rocks and Sugar Loaf rock. Expect to see seals, dolphins, sea lions, and birdlife, limestone caves, amazing surf breaks, and historical sites.
The Canal Rocks cruise travels from the entrance to the Nagari Marine park, and follows stunning the coastline along Geographe Bay.
What To Expect:
- Taking in the sights of Castle rock, and Meelup Bay, and the vertical limestone cliffs of Cape Naturaliste, and learning about the whaling history.
- Stopping at the resident seal and sea lion colonies and then tour on to the true Indian Ocean adventure, an exploration of Sugar loaf Canal rocks, and see world-class surf breaks along the way.
- The tour group disembarks at the Canal Rocks jetty and are returned to Dunsborough via a guided bus tour.
- The custom built Jet Boat is ideal for the Indian Ocean experience and traversing the otherwise inaccessible Sugar Loaf and Canal Rocks.
- Covered open tier seating means an excellent all round view and connection with the environment.
Wet weather carry bags and spray jackets or heavier Burka Jackets are also available, should you wish.
There are great opportunities and ample stops along the way to take photos of the amazing scenery – make sure you bring your camera!
- What To Bring
WHAT TO WEAR
If conditions are favourable in the summer months, you might get the opportunity for a swim so wear your bathers and bring a towel.
In the cooler months you may wish to wear warm clothing. Burke Jackets are also provided for your comfort.
As our Eco Ocean Safari Tour has a duration of 2 hours, please make sure to wear a hat. We have suncream on board and may also have our sun shade erected. We promote sun safety at all times.
There will be many great opportunities and ample stops along the way to take photos of the amazing scenery – make sure you bring your camera!
However, depending on weather conditions, there may be ocean spray and/or light rain, so a waterproof camera or action cam would be highly recommended.
DAILY TOURS FROM FEBRUARY TO MAY
Our Canal Rocks Indian Ocean Safari tours runs from February to May each year.
Bookings between in these months are strongly advised to ensure this tour is available for when you are visiting.
Make a booking OR BOOK ONLINE to secure your place!
TOUR DEPARTURE LOCATION
Our whale watching tours departs daily from Old Dunsborough Boat Ramp; Finlayson St.